New Orleans’ offense only ran into what turbulence it created for itself, with tight end Josh Hill drawing a penalty for a false start and do-it-all football player Taysom Hill tossing an off-target ball to tight end Ben Watson, which bounded off his hands. They scored a touchdown on every possession and celebrated with tributes to injured wide receiver Dez Bryant, throwing up his signature crossed-arms “X” with each trip to the end zone. Their first drive lasted almost 8 minutes and 30 seconds.
While the defense had their issues in allowing big plays, they found enough snaps and a timely interception and return by safety Marcus Williams set up a 17-yard Michael Thomas touchdown catch before the halftime break. The Saints are up 35-7 and there’s still another half of football ahead of them.
- Passing: QB Drew Brees, 17 of 19 for 197 yards, 2 touchdowns
- Rushing: RB Mark Ingram, 7 for 41 yards
- Receiving: WR Michael Thomas, 6 of 6 for 62 yards, 2 touchdowns
- Tackles: DB Marcus Williams, 7 (3 solo), 1 interception
- Passing: QB Andy Dalton, 7 of 10 for 92 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception
- Rushing: RB Joe Mixon, 5 for 34 yards
- Receiving: WR Tyler Boyd, 2 of 3 for 29 yards
- Tackles: DB Shawn Williams, 5 (4 solo), 1 QB hit